ioSafe, makers of the ruggedised external disk drives used by organisations such as McDonalds, the US Navy and Oracle to store and protect their data and backups, have recently announced the construction of their new fireproof and waterproof network attached storage model. Designed to withstand temperatures of up to 840 degrees (C) for 30 minutes and depths of 10 feet of water for up to 72 hours, the N2 delivers the reliability and resilience that many smaller organisations demand from their backup devices and private cloud infrastructure.
- Supports up to 2 hot-swappable drives for a total capacity of 8TB (with no RAID).
- Integrated RAID 1 support for data mirroring.
- Integrated Anti-Virus, File sharing and Media server capabilities.
- Anti-Theft floor mounts available for physically securing the device in your premises.
- Insurance of $2500 worth of data recovery per terabyte included in the purchase price.
The first ioSafe N2’s will ship in January 2013 and current indications are that it will retail for $599 US with no included disks. For those organisations that are looking for the resiliency of cloud based services, without the cost, performance and security concerns related to these products, the N2 may be the solution that you are looking for. For more information on the N2 or any of ioSafe’s other products contact one of our consultants on 1300 882 297 today.